All Family Law, All Around Georgia,
All Around the World SM

Trustworthy Counsel In Other Areas Of Law

Having represented clients in both Georgia and U.S. Supreme Courts, our lawyers have experience handling an array legal matters for clients throughout the state. We work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive the best possible representation. Offering flat fees and initial case consultations, we make it simple for our clients to get the help they need.

Wills, Trust And Estate Planning

For more than two decades, our Atlanta-based law firm has been helping Georgia families create comprehensive estate plans customized to their unique needs and complex assets. With so many types of wills and trusts available, our attorneys will work closely with you to determine which tools will help you effectively achieve your estate planning goals.

Some common goals we help our clients achieve include:

  • Protecting assets and property
  • Designating beneficiaries
  • Making known medical wishes
  • Taking account of tax consequences involved in property transfer
  • Providing for a disabled child or vulnerable adult
  • Avoiding probate

Over the years our attorneys have helped thousands of families create and appoint varying wills, trusts and powers of attorney. We can help you understand estate planning strategies and which ones are most beneficial for your family.

If your family is in transition, we can help you figure out wealth management to protect your assets and your property to provide for children, stepchildren, grandparents, grandchildren, etc.


If you leave your assets to your loved ones with a will, everything you own is going to pass through probate. The probate process is expensive, takes a lot of time and is on public record. If you plan ahead properly, your assets can pass on to your loved ones without going through probate, in a manner that is faster, less expensive and completely private.

The probate court, with a judge who does not know you and does not know your family, stays in control of the process until the estate has been completely settled and distributed. If you are married and have children, you want to make certain your surviving family has immediate access to cash to pay for living expenses while your estate is being settled.

It is not uncommon for the probate court to freeze your assets for weeks or even months while your executor is working to make the proper disposition of your estate. Your surviving spouse may be forced to apply to the probate court for support to get access to cash needed to pay the family’s current living expenses.

Designating A Guardian For Medical Care

If you become incapacitated and unable to manage your own financial affairs, you might mistakenly think, as a lot of folks do, your spouse or adult children can automatically step in and take over for you in handling your personal and medical care. The shocking truth is that for others to be able to manage your care, they have to first petition the probate court to have you declared legally incompetent and appoint a guardian to manage your personal care.

If you are incapacitated, you should create a plan for your medical care. Georgia law allows you to appoint someone you trust, such as a family member or close friend, to make decisions for you about your medical treatment options in the event you lose the ability to make those decisions for yourself.

You can do this by creating an Advance Directive for Health Care, in which you select the person to make such decisions. This document also contains language formerly used in a living will, which informs others of your preferred medical treatments in case you are ever in a persistent vegetative state or become terminally ill.

Call For A Consultation

The lawyers at The Manely Firm, P.C., seek to exceed our clients’ expectations, no matter how complicated the case may be. We analyze the details of your case, put together a solid plan, and help you to execute a legal strategy that can work towards your benefit.

To discuss your case or get help in any of the legal areas above, contact our Georgia law firm. Call 866-687-8561 or send us an email.

Click here to download your free Georgia Advance Directive for Health Care or Power of Attorney forms. One of our Client Care Coordinators will be in touch to insure you have all the information you need to meet your estate planning goals.

Languages We Speak






ქართული ენა