Kourtney N. Bernard-Rance
- Associate Attorney
Kourtney Bernard-Rance was born and raised in East Brunswick, New Jersey. Although originally intending to study child psychology, Kourtney ultimately received her B.A. in family and child Studies from Montclair State University. Between her newly-recognized passion for working with families and children, and an internship with a nonprofit child advocacy organization as an assistant policy analyst, Kourtney decided her true career aspirations resided in the practice of law.
Kourtney attended the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Believing that family law was destined to be her specialty, Kourtney took advantage of the extensive family law opportunities available through Hofstra University. Kourtney served as a senior staff member of the law school’s family law journal. Additionally, Kourtney interned for several legal service providers, where she gained valuable experience representing a range of clientele, from victims of domestic violence pursuing temporary protective orders to immigrant youth seeking legal status in the United States. Towards the end of her legal studies, Kourtney earned the Jonathan Roppolo Memorial Award in recognition of her efforts as an intern for the law school’s child and family advocacy clinic.
From law school, Kourtney made her way down to Atlanta in 2018. She officially began her legal career as a real estate attorney but quickly realized real estate was not where her heart truly belonged. Kourtney knew her skillset was more suited to the practice of family law.
As an attorney with The Manely Firm, P.C., Kourtney will rely on her passion for family law as she undertakes one of the firm’s foremost initiatives: putting families first by helping them achieve positive resolutions of their complex legal issues.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Georgia, 2018
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Family Court Review Vol. 54, AFCC Cooperation and Alumni Relations Manager
- Honors: 2017 Jonathan Roppolo Memorial Award Recipient
- Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Family and Child Studies with Concentration in Family Services
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State of Georgia Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- McDonnell and Associates, P.A., Staff Attorney
- Youth Advocacy Clinic at Hofstra University, Legal Intern
- Westchester County Family Court, Judicial Intern
- Domestic Violence Clinical Center - New York Legal Assistance Group, Legal Intern
- Advocates for Children of New Jersey, Assistant Policy Analyst
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity