Settling A Divorce Works Better When Everyone Agrees
An uncontested divorce is one in which both parties have discussed and resolved all the financial and custodial issues between themselves. In these types of divorces, an attorney is only needed to make the divorce settlement legal and to get the divorcing couple through the sometimes extremely cumbersome and complicated system imposed by the courts, particularly by the Georgia General Assembly that drafted the laws in the first place.
Your Divorce Is Uncontested If You And Your Spouse Have Agreed:
- Who will have primary custody of the children
- What time will the non-custodial parent spend with the children
- What is the amount of child support, provided it falls within specific guidelines and is approved by the court
- Who gets the house
- What will you do with significant financial assets, including checking accounts, savings accounts, 401ks, IRAs, stocks, bonds and that money you’ve been hiding under the mattress
- Who is going to take the debt
If you have all of this resolved, and it is in writing, then you have an uncontested divorce. You may have an uncontested divorce if you signed a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement as well.
We Have Flexible Retainers
If you have done good work toward resolving family issues, but still have some issues you cannot agree upon, we have a split retainer in which only a percentage of the retainer is non-refundable so that, if your case can be completed quickly, most of the retainer can be refunded to you.
We anticipate that your uncontested divorce retainer will cover:
- The cost of your consultation
- The drafting of all necessary pleadings usual for a divorce matter
- The meeting with you and your spouse to execute the necessary documents
- Presenting your case in court on the day of your final hearing on your divorce
Let Us Help You Dissolve Your Marriage Quickly
If you and your former spouse have an uncontested divorce or you feel you are close to one, please contact a divorce lawyer at our Georgia law firm. The Manely Firm, P.C., has a track record of success in these types of divorces. We can help you. Call 866-687-8561 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.
Languages We Speak