Enforcing Child Support Orders Abroad
Does the parent of your child or children owe child support, but lives in another country? If so, you may already be fully aware of what a difficult task it is to collect these payments. While all 50 states in the United States offer a streamlined process for enforcing child support laws, enforcement abroad against a noncustodial parent may be far more complicated.
Courts in other countries will not automatically recognize a child support order that has been issued by a court in the United States. In order to see that this order is enforced abroad, a brand new petition for child support must be filed in the foreign court. The court will then decide, applying its own set of laws, whether or not they will grant the order for child support.
The international family lawyers at The Manely Firm, P.C., in Georgia are:.
- Highly skilled and experienced, having successfully argued and resolved international family law cases in both the United States and in foreign courts
- Dedicated to securing justice for our clients, while always protecting their rights and best interests
- Always on the cutting edge of the latest legal developments in international law regarding child support orders
- Committed to preserving and protecting the resources of all our clients
- Able to assist in multiple languages, including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Bulgarian, Vietnamese, and Haitian Creole
- Part of a network of attorneys around the world, helping us to more easily facilitate a smooth and successful resolution to international cases
Georgia Family Lawyers Helping You Navigate Complicated Issues
Because international child support cases can be so complex, it is essential to have a knowledgeable team of Marietta family law attorneys representing you. At The Manely Firm, P.C., we have the skills, tools, and resources to help you navigate the complicated issues that arise in these situations, handle every step of the process, and work towards the positive outcome that you need.
To learn more about international child support law and how we can assist you, call us at 866-687-8561 and get a case evaluation.
Wir sprechen Deutsch | Se habla Español | Nous parlons Français
우리는 한국어를 구사합니다 | Hие говорим български | Мы говорим по-русски