Experienced, Compassionate Guidance On In Vitro Fertilization Matters
More and more Georgia couples are turning to in vitro fertilization (IVF) and artificial insemination as ways to create or complete their families.
At The Manely Firm, P.C., we have extensive experience helping clients understand their rights, obligations and recourse in matters regarding IVF.
Planning For IVF Success
Often, the best way to avoid issues later is to skillfully plan now. With decades of Georgia family law experience and IVF specifically, we understand the challenges that can arise and the opportunities that are available. We can help with:
- The laws surrounding egg or sperm donation, including who is treated as the legitimate parent of the child
- Skilled and experienced legal guidance on IVF issues from the start of the process throughout the duration
- The creation of sound agreements that plan for the unexpected, including divorce or separation, while in the process of IVF
- Experienced guidance for LGBTQ couples who may be considering IVF to have a child
It has been said that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We offer the counsel and guidance that you need to be able to make the best decisions to plan for a successful future.
Issues That Can Arise With IVF
Because IVF and artificial insemination are relatively new processes, the laws are inconsistent and vary from state to state and court to court. Same-sex couples may face added obstacles. These issues include:
- Safekeeping, liability and custody of egg(s)
- Parentage and inheritance rights of the egg(s)
- Parentage, role and responsibility of the sperm donor
- Parentage, role and responsibility of the egg donor
- Legal issues surrounding a surrogate who carries a fertilized egg for another
It is recommended that you speak with an attorney who is well-versed in your state’s IVF laws and legal precedents so that you are aware of the potential issues. We provide aggressive representation in fertility disputes.
The Committed Support And Counsel You Need On IVF Issues
We know you have questions. We offer a free consultation so you can get the answers you need to move your issue forward. With offices in Atlanta, Marietta, Lawrenceville and Savannah, we serve clients throughout Georgia. Consultations about fertility law issues are confidential. You can call 866-687-8561 or send us a website email, and we will be in touch with you.