- Partner Attorney
- Special Assistant Administrative Law Judge, 2018
- Adjunct Family Law Professor
David Purvis advocates for families in Southeast Georgia including Chatham, Liberty, Bulloch, Effingham, and Bryan Counties, and beyond. His compassion and extensive knowledge and experience in handling complex family law matters, domestically and internationally, make him an asset to the Coastal Empire’s legal community.
David is a Partner of The Manely Firm, P.C. in Savannah, Georgia and has established himself as a thought leader in family law. He has served as the adjunct professor of Family Law at Savannah Law School. He has presented at Continuing Legal Education seminars for the State Bar Mid-Year Meeting and for the Savannah Bar Association over the last couple of years on the issues of current trends in family law and access to justice. He works closely with our Founding Attorney, Michael Manely, on complex family law matters throughout our firm's four offices located throughout Georgia.
Located adjacent to Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield, David has extensive experience in handling military divorce, child support, and child custody cases. He possesses a keen understanding of the military community’s unique procedures and policies and is devoted to assisting soldiers, veterans, and their families as they navigate complicated family law matters.
He is an active member of the community, serving as an Ambassador for the Savannah Chamber of Commerce, as a member of the Savannah Bar Association, and serving on the Pro Bono Committee for the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is annually recognized for his pro bono legal services to the Savannah community and believes access to justice should have no financial restrictions.
David is a double alumnus from Georgia State University and graduated with a B.A. in history in 2001 and from the College of Law in 2010. During law school, he was the president of the Student Bar Association and received the Patrick Wiseman Moot Court Award. Prior to joining The Manely Firm, David had his own practice in Savannah and previously worked for Breakfield & Associates in Gainesville, Georgia where he had a general practice which included family law, criminal defense, and personal injury.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: Student Bar Association, President
- Honors: Patrick Wiseman Moot Court Award
- Georgia State University
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: History
- Savannah Family Law Attorney Too Late, The Manely Firm, P.C. Blog , 2016
- I do Family Law and 21 Other Practice Areas, The Manely Firm, P.C. Blog, 2015
- Grasping Family Law's Moral Center, The Manely Firm, P.C. Blog, 2017
- Audibles in Family Law, The Manely Firm, P.C. Blog, 2018
- Patton v. Vanterpool, 2017, Supreme Court of Georgia , DR-14-0059-J5
- Adjunct professor, Family Law at Savannah Law School
- Temporary Protective Orders 101, Georgia Legal Services
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Georgia Legal Services Program, Savannah Office, Pro Bono Service Recognition
- AVVO 10.0 “Top Attorney Family Law, Divorce” AVVO “Client’s Choice” AVVO
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Savannah Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Legal Services, Program Pro Bono Committee Member, Present
- Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Member and former Ambassador, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Breakfield & Associates
Pro Bono Activities
- Ambassador for the Savannah Chamber of Commerce
- Pro Bono Committee, Georgia Legal Services Program