- Associate Attorney
Kaitie grew up as a Navy brat thanks to her Mother. She spent the first half of her childhood living on reservations and in predominately native villages, spending nearly seven years at Point Barrow, Alaska before moving to the lower 48 here in Georgia. She got her undergraduate degree in English Literature from the University of Georgia before going on to get her law degree at Mercer University. While in law school, Kaitie was an active member of the Association for Women Law Students, the Student Bar Association, the International Law Students Association, and Project Equality (now called Mercer OutLaw), the LGBT+ representative organization.
Kaitie began her career in the law during law school as an intern with Georgia Legal Services, the statewide resource for legal services for indigent clients. She worked in both the Macon Office and in the MedLaw medical legal partnership with Navicent Hospital. After getting her license to practice, Kaitie worked as an Associate to the Special Assistant Attorney General in Gilmer, Pickens, and Bartow counties at The Law Office of Patricia King. During her work there, she represented the Georgia Department of Human Services through the Division of Family and Children Services, primarily in Bartow County. Now with The Manely Firm, Kaitie is excited to expand her practice areas into international and domestic family law. She is currently studying Health Law and Policy at Hofstra University online while working at The Manely Firm.
Kaitie comes from a large and blended family, coming from Irish and Italian parents and married into one that adds Latinx heritage into the mix, so she has a strong understanding that the family unit can have any composition. Whether it be with a single parent, two of the same sex, or the classic nuclear ideal, family is precious.
Outside of practicing, Kaitie enjoys crafting with anything she can get her hands on and travelling with her husband. If you see paint, it's probably best not to ask but know that she had fun doing it.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Georgia, 2020
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- LL.M. Exp. 2022
- Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2019
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.S. - 2016
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English Literature
- Minor: Comparative Literature
- Middle Georgia State, Cochran, Georgia
- A.S. - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association-Health Law Section and Child Protection and Advocacy Section
Past Employment Positions
- SAAG Associate Attorney at The Law Office of Patricia King, March 2021 - July 2021
- Intern and Volunteer at GLSP, Macon Office, January 2019 - May 2019
- Extern at GLSP MedLaw Program, August 2018 to December 2018
- Circulation Assistant at Mercer Law Library, May 2017 - May 2019