Luke Ryan Tobis
- Associate Attorney
After school, Luke moved to Washington D.C. to attend The George Washington University, School of Business. Here he received his Bachelor of Business Administration in Sports Management, Hospitality and Marketing. Luke graduated Magna Cum Laude and earned a Presidential Scholarship.
Luke continued his education with a move to New Orleans' Tulane University to earn his Master of Biomedical Sciences in Pharmacology. A few years later, Luke entered the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Gainesville, Florida. He graduated Law School Cum Laude, in the top 11% of his class, earning a spot on the Dean's List. During this time, Luke also proudly won the CALI Book Award for Civil Clinic IPVAC and CALI Book Award for Historic Preservation. He served as the UF Health Care Law Society President, UF Law Democrats Treasurer, and was a Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy Teaching Assistant.
Throughout his professional career, Luke has served in many healthcare centered roles that heavily impacted his future goals. While working for four years in medical clinics in New Mexico, Luke discovered his passion for the law. A key part of his position centered around assisting individuals with HIV testing, counseling, housing and other necessities. It is here Luke realized that many laws could be used to criminalize HIV positive people but the law could also be used to ensure they had access to affordable medication.
Luke's passion for helping others expanded into volunteering with organizations that assisted with community health initiatives, LGBTQ rights, sex worker safety, and intravenous drug use harm reduction. His volunteer roles served as his first introduction into Family Law as he assisted schools with intimate partner violence clinics and helped secure TPO's (Temporary Protection Order) for clients in dangerous situations.
Recent professional experiences include Litigation Associate in Atlanta practicing Insurance Law, Certified Legal Intern with UF Virgil Hawkins Civil Clinic: Intimate Partner Violence Assistance Clinic, and Judicial Extern for Deputy Chief Judge John J. Goger with Superior Court of Fulton County. Luke is also LGBTQ Safe Zone Trained, De-escalation Trained, and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention Trained.
In his role with The Manely Firm, Luke will focus on Domestic and International Family Law along with Estate Planning. In his spare time, he enjoys soccer, baseball, scuba diving, boating, biking and podcasts. Luke is also a proud a new father and enjoys spending time outdoors at local parks with his family and exploring new nooks of town.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Trust and Estates
- Florida, 2021
- Georgia, 2021
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Business administration, marketing, sport & event planning
- Michael Manely
- Mike Crawford
- Wesley Chai
- Stacey Steinberg
Honors and Awards
- CALI Book Award for Civil Clinic IPVAC, Fall of 2019
- CALI Book Award for Historic Preservation, Fall of 2019
- UF Health Care Law Society President
- The Florida Bar, 2021, Induction Ceremony Speaker for 4th District Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 2021 to Present
- Florida Bar Association, Member, 2021 to Present
- Cobb County Bar Association, Member, 2022 to Present
- American Health Law Association, Member, 2018 to 2020
Past Employment Positions
- Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2021 to 2022
- University of Florida Self-Insurance Program, Litigation Extern, 2020 to 2020