International Relocation & Child Custody

How Our Atlanta-Based Family Law Attorneys Can Assist You

Because of the highly globalized society that we live in today, it is not uncommon to see individuals from two different countries enter into long-term relationships or marriages, and have children together. Unfortunately, this can create a number of problems when these relationships or marriages end, and matters of child custody are brought to the forefront. Both local and international laws will come into play, especially in cases that involve international relocation.

Our Georgia international family lawyers can help you:

  • Understand the child custody implications of international relocation that are specific to your case
  • Explore the options that are available to you
  • Ensure that you go through the process legally, and avoid international child abduction charges
  • Locate resources to keep your ex-partner from leaving the country with your child

Get a free case evaluation today by contacting our Marietta family law attorneys!

Ne Exeat Clauses

A ne exeat clause states that a noncustodial parent has a say in where there child lives, and can be found in divorce decrees, separation agreements, and child custody orders. Because these clauses are increasingly becoming law in other countries, it is many times the case that a custodial parent will need permission from the noncustodial parent to relocate with their child.

Helping Mothers & Fathers Enforce Custody Rights Across Borders

At The Manely Firm, P.C., we fully understand what is at stake in child custody cases that extend beyond the borders of the United States. Navigating the legal systems of, not only this country, but other countries as well can be an extremely difficult and frustrating process, and should not be attempted alone. Our Marietta, Georgia international family law attorneys are highly experienced in this legal area, and have helped numerous mothers and fathers enforce their custody rights across borders. We are well-versed in the nuances that are involved in these cases, and can often help you bridge the gap between the United States and the rest of the world so that your child can maintain a close relationship with both parents.

Contact us now at (678) 616-2605 (local) or (888) 930-9165 (toll-free) for a free consultation!

Contact The Manely Firm, P.C. Today


Languages We Speak

Wir sprechen Deutsch | Se habla Español | Nous parlons Français

Parliamo Italiano | Hие говорим български | Nou pale kreole | Мы говорим по-русски